I use an online platform called Off2Class for most of my lessons. If you are an online student, here are a few directions you will need to be able to log in and join the lesson at our scheduled time. Below are the written instructions:
- A few minutes before the scheduled lesson, go to www.off2class.com/login.
- Log in using the email and the password that I give you.
- Once the “Join Lesson” button is green, click to open the lesson.
- You will see a classroom chat in the bottom left.
- Click the purple “Start Video” button. This will start Zoom in a new window.
- Allow Zoom to run on your computer.
- Enable the camera on Zoom so I can see you. It helps me know if you understand the lesson when I can see you.
- Use the microphone icon in the bottom left of the Zoom window to mute and unmute yourself.
- Minimize the video window.
- On a Mac, click the yellow button on the top left of the window.
- On a PC, click the horizontal line on the top right.
- Once you minimize the video window, click the Off2Class window so you can see the lesson.
- Move the small video window on top of the lesson window and position it on the side so you can see the lesson slides.
I also have a video that includes most of these directions. You can watch in case a visual will help you.
Don’t worry, it’s really easy, and I’ll help you get started. I’m looking forward to seeing you online!