ESL group classes are a great way to boost your confidence, learn English and connect with others. Collaboration in a group class has been shown to contribute to student learning and success. Students practice real-life conversations with their classmates, share diverse perspectives, and develop stronger communication skills overall.
If you only want speaking practice, join me for Wednesday Group Conversation by scrolling down this page. If you prefer to practice all of your language skills, such as grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking, then check out the ESL Academy. Some students prefer to take both!
Contact email@example.com if you do not know your English level.
ESL Academy Classes
ESL Academy is a group course that meets online once a week for 8 weeks. There are two levels, advanced for high B2-C1 students and intermediate for B1-low B2 students.
Classes utilize an interactive digital lesson platform called Off2Class. The curriculum integrates all of the language skills: grammar, reading, speaking, listening and writing. Students join the lesson on their Off2Class account, then connect to me and their classmates using Zoom.
Materials may also include videos, audio clips, worksheets and articles.
The fall session has already started. A new winter session will be scheduled soon.
ESL Academy Details:
- Advanced level (high B2-C1) meets on Tuesdays from 10-11:30 am central.
- Intermediate level (B1- low B2) meets on Thursdays from 10-11:30 am central.
- New students should take a placement test to determine CEFR level.
- Students can expect to have about 1-2 hours of work to complete each week outside of our online meetings. This work will include completing online lessons and homework as well as speaking and writing assignments.
- Students who attend regularly, complete homework and participate during meetings will benefit most.
The cost for the 8-week course is $90 and includes:
- Eight weekly online meetings with Rhonda and a group of 3-8 language learners.
- Your own Off2Class online account for lessons, homework and assessments.
- Vocabulary lists for each lesson.
- Feedback on your fluency, accuracy and pronunciation.
- Online homework, speaking/writing assignments and assessments to reinforce lessons.
- Support from Rhonda while you are a student in the ESL Academy.
The fall session has already begun. Contact Rhonda AT INFO@SUGARLANDESL.COM to pre-register your interest for the next 8-week session.
Wednesday Group Conversation Class
We meet on most Wednesdays for about 45 minutes. Students sign up for each week and payment is for one meeting. All classes are taught in English. This is best for high beginner (A2) – advanced (C1) learners.
You and the other students login at the scheduled time from your computer, smartphone or tablet using Zoom. You are able to see me and the other participants.
The cost is $5 per class and includes:
A group meeting with Rhonda and 2-8 other participants where we may practice
- reducing and linking
- word and sentence stress
- general conversation
- minimal pairs & tongue twisters
- rhythm & intonation
- game play