ESL group classes are a great way to boost your confidence, learn English and connect with others. Collaboration in a group class has been shown to contribute to student learning and success. Students practice real-life conversations with their classmates, share diverse perspectives, and develop stronger communication skills overall.
If you only want speaking practice, join me for Wednesday Group Conversation by clicking here and registering. If you prefer to practice all of your language skills, such as grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking, then check out the ESL Academy below. Some students prefer to take both!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know your English level.
ESL Academy classes utilize an interactive digital lesson platform called Off2Class. These classes integrate all of the language skills: grammar, reading, speaking, listening and writing. Materials may also include videos, audio clips, worksheets and newspapers/magazines.
ESL Academy Details:
- These groups meet online once a week and are organized by level.
- Advanced level (B2-C1) meets on Tuesdays from 10-11:30 am central.
- Intermediate level (A2-B1) meets on Thursdays from 10-11:30 am central.
- Students choose how often they want to attend. You can book classes up to 45 days in advance.
- New students should take a placement test to determine the best level.
- Students log into my Off2Class lesson platform at the scheduled class time from your own computer. Using video conferencing to connect, you see and hear me and your classmates.
- Homework and additional lessons to complete throughout the week are assigned after each class.
- Students who attend regularly, complete homework and participate during meetings will benefit most.
The cost is $11 per class and includes:
- A 90 minute lesson with Rhonda and a group of 2-8 language learners.
- Your own Off2Class online account for lessons, homework and assessments.
- Vocabulary lists for each lesson.
- Online homework, speaking assignments and assessments to reinforce lessons.
- Support from Rhonda while you are a student in the ESL Academy.
Choose your level & Register below 24 hours before the class to join us. You may book classes up to 45 days in advance.
There must be at least two students for the class to meet.
Wednesday Group Conversation Classes
Speaking English is the best way to improve your language skills. My conversation class is an informal meeting for students to practice general speaking skills. There are topics for the group to discuss, and students may ask questions. Homework is NOT assigned.
We meet on most Wednesdays for about 30 minutes. Students sign up for either the beginner level (A1-A2) or the intermediate/advanced level (B1-C1) each week and payment is for one meeting. All classes are taught in English.
You and the other students login at the scheduled time from your computer, smartphone or tablet using Zoom. You are able to see me and the other participants.
Each conversation class is $5 and includes:
- A group meeting with Rhonda and 2-8 other participants to practice English conversation.
- Feedback from Rhonda on your pronunciation and speaking skills.
Choose your level & Register below 24 hours before the class to join us! There must be at least two students for the class to meet.
Fluency 3-Week Session
Subscribe Below to my newsletter and stay informed when new Fluency dates are scheduled!
This short group session lasts just 3 weeks and is multi-level! Lessons focus on promoting fluency and natural speaking. To achieve this, we practice pronunciation, the rhythm and intonation of English, linking words together, reading aloud, word stress/reduction and listening. Best for high-beginner to advanced-level learners.
Students log into Zoom at the scheduled time from your own computer. Using video conferencing to connect, you see and hear me and your classmates. There are no books required to purchase.
- Six (6) one-hour meetings with Rhonda and up to 8 language learners.
- Notes and/or worksheets for each lesson in a shared Google folder.
- Homework to reinforce lessons with feedback from Rhonda.