A flipped classroom is a learning model that is a bit different than a traditional classroom. In a flipped class, students work independently on the lessons that I assign. This requires students to be self-motivated and manage their time wisely. I have two options: BASIC and PLUS.
Benefits of flipped learning
- Students decide the best time for learning according to his/her own schedule, giving you more flexibility.
- There are no designated class times to attend (unless you choose the PLUS option that includes one-on-one meetings every 2 weeks).
- Time with the instructor is devoted to more applied learning, reviewing any questions and reinforcing concepts that you learned during the lessons.
- Students develop independent learning skills.
How it works
First, new students complete an online placement test. The test measures grammar, reading, listening, writing and speaking skills. Once complete, we have a 20-minute meeting to discuss the results, your goals, schedule & pace of study. Then I create a personalized learning plan for you.
There are two options for the flipped classroom, BASIC or PLUS. While both work the same, the PLUS option includes 2 online meetings per month with me.
Students with either option will have accounts for two online curriculum platforms. At the beginning of the week, I assign 3-6 lessons from these platforms. You complete the lessons on your own as well as any assigned homework. At the end of the week, students receive feedback from me. Anytime during that week, I am available to answer questions via WhatsApp.
The PLUS option includes, two 50-minute online meetings with me. These are typically 2 weeks apart. During the meetings, we work on applying what you have learned, clarifying any difficult concepts, and answering your questions.
What it includes
The BASIC plan includes:
- Your own account with Off2Class. This online curriculum has hundreds of high-quality digital lessons that cover all language skills. Most of your lessons and homework will come from this curriculum.
- Your own account with Ellii, another complete digital platform with an extensive lesson collection.
- 3-6 lessons each week that I curate for you based upon your learning plan and schedule.
- Homework, speaking activities and assessments.
- Learning objectives and a list of vocabulary for lessons.
- Written and verbal feedback from me.
- Private chat with me on WhatsApp to ask general questions or practice.
The PLUS plan includes everything you see above in the BASIC plan and:
- Two online meetings during the month with me. The meetings take place approximately 2 weeks apart and are 50-minutes each via Zoom. These are scheduled at a mutually, convenient time. Be prepared during this time to apply your new knowledge and practice speaking. This is also an opportunity to ask me any questions or go over any material that you don’t understand.
How to Register
Space is limited! To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I send you a secure link to make payment with a credit card using Stripe. If you prefer to send payment using Zelle, we can work out those details.
Before registering or making payment, please read about my classroom policies HERE.